Tuesday 24 August 2010

1.B.2.- Research: Insect Environment - Self-taken photos

After a long time away from the blog, is time to return and continue the summer project, although the deadline is a little closer, i still have time to produce some work. While away and when I had opportunity, I decided to explore a little more my idea. In Czech Republic, visiting my girlfriend's parents, I had the opportunity to experience a bit of rural live, by doing so, I used my camera to capture environments, insects or any possible situations in the their world.
The lesson learnt with this experiment is that a lot of things can happen underneath our noses without us noticing... a new world exists.

(Click on the thumbnails to enlarge the photos).

Insects Environment

Establishing Shots
















Close-Ups






















These pictures from the environments helped me understand, the space upon insects live but also understand, many forms to create imposing and creepy atmosphere.


Insect Situations

As mentioned before, I also focus on different phenomenons happening to insects, and I do believe the results helped me a lot to determine the environments for my project.















Finally, I found some pictures I had in my camera, and I found them really helpful because I love the crusty and "dirty" way the texture of the soil looks, maybe a good opportunity to revise them when creating the textures of the insects.

2 comments:

Kin Chan said...

Nice photos Ruben! What camera are you using?

Ruben Martins said...

some of them is just a digital kodak, cheap one, others are with a canon powershot G7