|Say 'Hello' to the world, Olivier !!|
To enter a more geeky realm I will explain what I have done with the rig,
- For the legs, I have used two sets of rigs, IK/ FK to have a better control when he moves.
- For the spine I have used a spine curve with squash and stretch, which will help me to create exaggeration and ultimately squash/stretch.
- The arms also have 2 sets of rigs, an IK and an IK with a springsolver ( to create a curved arm).
- The head was done in two stages, firstly I created a few blendshapes for the mouth and eyebrows, for preset poses. and then clusters were added to help create better and various poses.
- Finally most of the assets were also rigged, such as the buttons, the hat and the mustache. So then again more control I will have when animating.
In terms of skinning, I have moved onto correcting some skin problems that surfaced when rigging was done , but also did a few pose corrections to create a more organic and realistic character.
As you can see fat now will deform in a proper way.
With this tasks done the character is ready to be animated, something i will start very soon blocking walk cycles.
Meanwhile other of my tasks was to carry on modelling the environment and props. A task I will try to finish in the following days.
Thus far a few props have been modeled and are ready for a quick shader or a full texture.
I will update soon with more progress!! Stay tuned!