Thursday 27 January 2011

Transcription: Project Pipeline

Before I start this project, I wanted to create a pipeline to better guide in this 10 weeks, So I have exact idea of the steps I have to overcome to get this project done in time. Alongside the pipeline, I have also created a time table which will tell me when each processes from pre-production right through post- production is due,  this will allow me to better manage my time hopefully.

So based on my chosen idea, 'The Music of Eric Zahn' by HP Lovecraft I aim to create a 2-3 minutes animation transcribing the story. With some help I began to understand what stages I have to go through and how long I will allow myself to do them.

Project Pipeline: 

Submission


  • Transcription Animation 2-3 minutes 
  • Making Of
  • Technical Paper
  • Demo Reel Shot
  • Blog up-to-date and exported to PDF
  • Personal Brand, Personal Logo, Business Card
  • DVD Disk and Cover Template


Pre-Production

  • Brainstorm Ideas and Chose Final One 
  • Research and Influence Maps
  • Script Writing 
  • Storyboards
  • Concept Art and Character Design
  • Animatic w/ Sound
  • Pre-viz*


Production

  • Modelling Characters and Environments 
  • UV Layout and Texturing 
  • Rigging and Facial Rigging 
  • Skinning
  • Animating 
  • Lighting 
  • Maya Effects*
  • Rendering


Post-Production

  • After Effects: Compositing and Special Effects
  • Final Sound Design
  • Editing


Extras:
  • Demo Reel Shot
  • Making Of
  •  Blog PDF 
  • DVD Template

* If needed.


As you can see a long list, so it is better if I get back to work as soon as possible.

(Following post will have the timetable I made to guide through this 10 weeks.)

No comments: