Friday 10 September 2010

1.B.2. Concept Art: Spider Attack

Lately, despite being quite busy at the moment, I still have a little time to update my blog. So taking from where I left, I have drawn some quick environmental sketches, and also taken them into photoshop, to create some more refined concept designs, to establish the environment or any actions that can possible happen.
Here's is my latest piece showing the ferocious attack of the spider overwhelming its prey.


Meanwhile, I have taken on Imagine FXs challenge of the 365 Sketches (meaning a sketch a day for a year), im aiming to do a lot of anatomy and life drawing studies, which help me to improve a lot my skills in character design.

8 comments:

tutorphil said...

Like this, Rubes - I like the way it falls into abstractness - it has nightmarish qualities - half-glimpsed horrors in the dark....

Ruben Martins said...

Thanks Phil, I was trying to play a lot with negative space.. isolated and yet abstract

carla martins said...

Ruben o teu desenho esta impecavel.
Tanto em termo de imagem como em reflexo ( a luz que vem de cima a reflectir ,que depois vai escurcendo ao longo da imagem),(o promenor da teia ).
Continua para obteres resultados positivos para a tua vida profissional futura.

tutorphil said...

...am watching King Kong (it's ANOTHER commercial break, so I'm avoiding all the washing powder shite by writing on your blog!) - I should be asleep - the 'insects-in-the-ravine' was a while back, and now Ann Darrow has just becalmed Kong in New York... Thomas Newton Howard's music is making my eyes prickle and that awful, fateful appointment with the Empire State Building looms large... sob.

Ruben Martins said...

@mum
Obrigado pelo o comentario, sim eu tava a tentar desenho abstractamente. acho k consegui...
Obrigado por comentar finalmente no site :)

@Phil
Peter jackson' king kong is on Tv :( Shame I dont have one, though it also saves me from those washing powder commerciasl... I do remember in Portugal, they dubbing the British adverts. disgraceful. :/
Anyway good watch, and tissues ready !!

Ruben Martins said...

Bastards!!

No problem, luckily my mum doesnt understand :)

Placeholder said...

Really loved this piece in the presentation. Definately unsettling!

Ruben Martins said...

Thanks, definately the mood I was going for.

Also, some more concept wil arrive sometime for this project, hopefully:)