Thursday 9 February 2012

Major Project: Time Period and Environment Research

With the character initially researched, I decided to move onto understanding the world in which this character is living. As I want to set my animation in France in the beginning of the 20th century, I began researching how live was being lived back then and how a patisserie would look like, from the interior to the exterior. Although, the environment is not the most important thing on this animation, it still plays an important role in making the short film believable.

Here is a influence map I have created for the patisserie environment in France around 1900's:



To complete my research in understanding how people lived in this era, I have also found a couple of vey informative videos, they show the social live of  France in this period, and mainly the designs of the buildins, monuments and stores. 






As part of the animation is set in a fictional cake world, where our patissier is imaging the cake decoration.I have decided to research how this world would look like. For that purpose I found a few pictures. 

Research for the "Cake" World 




Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs





Al Dente



Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory



Charlie and the Chocolate Factory



Wizard of OZ

As I mentioned on a previous post, iwant the "cake" World to have a specific look, I want the objects of this world to be oversized and to have very vivid colours, very bold, to evoke the idea of sweetness.

No comments: