Sunday 16 May 2010

Unit 6- Spores Arriving Pre-vis

I decided to do the pre-vis in separate block, or videos, so if needs minor tweaks I don't have to open an huge file. Anyway, these part of the pre-vis, is the first scene of the actual animation where the spores are first dispersed ( without actually seeing what dispersed them), I started by establishing the environment, and then when the spores cross the camera, they are followed w/ the camera focusing on 1.
Although it is there a backdrop, it is not the final one, the final will show a dark forest where the moonlight will cast on the caps of the mushroom.


Also I'll update the blog with the videos of the previs, and then edit into the final previs video.

5 comments:

tutorphil said...

The camera work at the end of the scene needs more control (though I'm sure you know this and this is just pre-viz glitches) - if you want us to focus on a single spore, then you need to isolate it more clearly - perhaps get closer to it, or get rid of some of the other spores (they're competing for my attention) and go for a much less erratic camera; give the spore a more graceful, balletic curve and ensure the camera mirrors it; in cg, there's nothing worse than a frenetic, hyper camera, which gives everything a strobing, 'flickery' quality...

(again - I'm sure you're on top of this stuff already - but, most important is the stage of the key spore - you need to make it completely clear where your audience is to focus their attention - no competition from either spore or environment...)

Looking forward to the rest of the 'episodes'... :-)

Ruben Martins said...

ok phil, Ill tweak it

tutorphil said...

Also - I've posted this link on a few of your classmate's blogs -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=A4ioRkqJqYo

It's Pol's animation for this project back when he was a third year ; I've shown it to a few students, not as a 'wow - Maya!' example, but rather because of the way he controls the whole thing from beginning to end - and his camera control is great - he keeps it in motion, but doesn't send it flying around...

Ruben Martins said...

Got it! Control the camera !!

I'm redoing the scene

Ruben Martins said...

Anyway, I havent seen pols animation yet, and it gave me a wow!!!
now I know the standard im competing with... I knew it was good but not that good!