Monday 1 March 2010

Unit 04- Storyboard- Thumbnails and Basic Layout

I know , I haven't updated much in these last couple of days, but is that I have been busy drawing out the storyboard. I can say I finally finished the basic layout, meaning the outline in which I will take to Photoshop and just shade to create a more dynamic and 3d drawing.
These are the drawings, I did so far, I can say some of them in at least 1 shot will be repeated. ( the one in which the beautician is "measuring" the customers head.)












Here the rough thumbnails that served as study for the scenes.


4 comments:

tutorphil said...

Very encouraging, Ruben - you sensibly leave detail out where it's not necessary - and I get a strong sense of movement and direction from your boards...

Ruben Martins said...

thanks Phil, I just want to paint it digitally ...

wow, this unit 5 workshops look like a mammoth compared with the previous ones, can't wait :)

tutorphil said...

it's true! :-) We might actually kill you this time... but you know what they say - the only way to eat an elephant (or a mammoth!) is little by little - it's always about time-management and intelligent working and ordering tasks (and caffeine too sometimes!). I'm currently working on FCP to get a film completed for a conference on March 22nd... I've got the same bit of f**king music going round and round my head after spending an entire day resolving a single minute of edited footage... sigh! Still - it could be worse - I could have a crit on Friday! :-)

Keep at it - take a break - eat properly - drink water etc.

Jackie said...

These are looking great Ruben! Keep going - nearly there!!