Tuesday 17 November 2009

Concept art: Hall of Dead Experimentation Drawings

Here is some experimentation I'm doing, depicting the massive Skeleton statue in the Hall of Dead is not being easy, on my 1st try i started to paint on the top of the background from a solid block, the difficulty that i found was that the skeleton would rarely blend with the background, which is what i'm trying to achieve. On my 2nd try, I used a different technique, instead of painting on it, I decided to take it away using just a rubber, kind of sculpt out of the solid block, the background.
I aim to make the effect that the skeleton and all the elements on the background are coming from the darkness showing that extra sense of depth. So i think will opt for the second technique.

2 comments:

tutorphil said...

yes - the 2nd version is definitely stronger - as the statue appears to loom out of the shadows...

Simon Holland 74 said...

Phil is right... Image 1 is a floaty skull Image 2 the skull is integrated into the scene.