Monday 18 January 2010

Unit 03 - Maya: Mirror Reflections


So I add some a problem when importing the mirror reflection blinn into the scene it didnt really reflect what I wanted, just half of it, but and according to Tutor Phil, I took it off the scene ( the reflection) and something strange happen, it started to reflect the fake wall and windows I have put to create more realistic shadows. It gave me an idea instantly, I leave it and started to create a metaphor with it, also to look more realistic I added a background picture of a outside view.
I think sometimes can happen good accidents!



6 comments:

Alan Postings said...

Hi Ruben,

Watch out for the light from outside penetrating the walls (down the side/corner of the central column and wall?). Put a piece of gemoetry on the otherside of the wall to block the light. It comes from the plane (wall) only being a single face thick and the light intensity from outside being overly high.

Alan Postings said...

p.s. The geometry may also be two seperate pieces.

Ruben Martins said...

thanks, Alan I was wondering what was it.. always good to have some problems already so means I wont make the same mistake again!

tutorphil said...

okay - I can't pretend to know what you two Maya whizz-kids are talking about... :-) but this scene is really coming on; the thing about the 'hanged person' was an issue of elegance; you've done so much subtle stuff, I just feared that the shadow would be too spook house - of course, I could be wrong, as I was reacting to something that wasn't ready or properly in place; if time was on your side (and I know it isn't) I'd have a go at creating both versions of the scene - and then make an informed choice; but I'm guessing you already have a great deal on your creative plate! Good luck with the last few days of tweaking - looking forward to friday already! :-)

Ruben Martins said...

Yes, If I had more time I would go back and check what I did wrong with the mirror reflection. But at least Im happy how it is coming along the reflection. Much more subtle and directs the viewer to almost the same effect..

Anonymous said...

nice i like the maya mirror effect