Wednesday 13 January 2010

Unit 03 - Maya: Modeling and UV Layout for the Lamp

So I'm almost at the end of my modeling stage, and I realized that will be the most difficult, with the chandelier, the hospital table and the cloth to go. and maybe a go at the doll's head (nothing really complicated just a papier mache one), I will be ready to start texturing what I still need to :) and posterior editing with lighting and camera angles.


Most of this afternoon was spent trying to model the chandelier and laying out its UVs.
the design came from my own reference of pictures about Victorian ceiling lamps. although I have tweaked it a little bit while modeling.


Design:



Model




Uvs




UV Map


It is ready for some texturing in photoshop :) :)

3 comments:

Simon Holland 74 said...

Hi there Ruben I've just put a post on my blog for you.

Ruben Martins said...

thank you Simon, really helpful, I guess I have to 'dig' a little bit more on that... more bump mapping and variety.

relating to the dust, is that has to do when I paint the texture on photoshop or is any other option ??

Ruben Martins said...

sry simon, I missed the comment about the dust :S