Monday 1 February 2010

Unit 04- Deeper Research- Lumberjack

Before, I started to write my story, I wanted to research a little bit more about my character, as I want to know, what really characterizes it, for after twist it and apply new,maybe opposite, ideas to it.
So I started to brainstorm a bit about what I know about lumberjacks, just to come up some words that I would use to describe them.

Lumberjack:

Masculinity, Macho, Strong, Dirty, Rough, Blunt, Vain, Arrogant (some), Proud Being, Brute, Muscular, Unkind, Heavy, Unmannerly, Ungentlemanly, Axe, Beard, Canadian, Boots, Cap and "Square" Shirt.

These were the words I came up with, and right after this brainstorming I could better visualize my character. Although, I am stepping already a bit in Character Design, I have to know my character, and as Phil said today your character mainly will tell the story by his moves and looks.

I researched the film, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, where I found this actor looking exactly how I pictured a Lumberjack, even before I have seen one.




So to better show what are the characteristics of my character, I researched some famous characters from previous 2d and 3d animations and games. to give a better idea what i am trying to achieve and convey.

He will be a mixture of :

Mr. Incredible by Pixar - ( The fat version)


















Bluto from Popeye






Bob from Tekken 6


All these characters have something in common, they are heavy , with big arms and a bit of stomach, something that certainly my character will have.

No comments: